How to convert an android phone into laptop webcam
Are you worried for poor quality laptop webcam? In such case you can use your Smartphone as webcam. This guide will help you to convert an android phone into laptop webcam.
1. First you have to set up an application from Google play store. There are only few good applications available in the play store, which can convert your Smartphone into webcam. IP webcam, DroidCamX pro, WO Webcam LITE are the best apps available in the store. Out of these, IP Webcam is a free app. To install it, first you have to open set up. Choose & set up the required camera resolution, FPS (Frame per Second), image quality, TCP port (8080 is suitable). It is important to know the maximum resolution supported by your Smartphone. You cannot set resolution more then supported by your Smartphone.
2. Next, give a user ID & password for webcam privacy & security. You will find an option for service start below the set up page. After starting it, you will find the camera IP address with port number in the notification region. It should be like 192.168.x.x:8080.
3. Open the web browser on your computer. Browse the phone webcam’s IP address. Type the complete IP address with port number. If it is supported by JAVA plug in, then you can see the video immediately. You will find various options for media player, java plug in viewer & for opening video stream in java script viewer.
4. You can download IP camera adapter for camera viewing & sharing on different applications. Set it up with matching the setting of your phone setting.
5. Now you can use your android phone as webcam.