Summer face care is very necessary during summer time to preserve the beauty & for protecting the skin from harsh sun rays. Summer time is perfect for fun, vacation, swimming, outing, etc. However, the summer weather brings warmth sun, excessive heat, hot winds, which are responsible for making skin & face tan, dull, dry, rough, wrinkled & ugly. Nevertheless, do not worry. You can enjoy this summer weather & protect your face from the harsh & damaging sun rays as well. Here are 10 easy & efficient summer face care tips to prevent sun damage and get a beautiful, healthy & glowing look in this season. Good luck.
Check out our blog – 20 easy home remedy to get rid of sun tan from face quickly
10 Summer face care tips
• Stay hydrated – One of the most important & obvious thing to do for summer face care is staying hydrated especially during summer time. Dehydration causes dry skin, rough skin, spot, dull complexion, etc. That is why it is necessary to drink at least 12 – 15 glasses of water in a day to preserve the moisture of your skin and get healthy, glowing & beautiful face.
• Summer friendly diet – Healthy food is the essential for good health, hair & skin. Especially during summer, it is necessary to have summer friendly diet for better summer face care. Reduce sugary food, deep fried, oily food & carbonated drinks, etc. from your diet. Because these kind of unhealthy foods are responsible for damaging the immunity system, slowing the metabolism rate, acne on face & so on. That is why to switch your diet to healthy food like fruits, veggies, salads, juices, etc. for excellent and sound health & face as well.
• Wearing sunscreen – Wearing sunscreen is an obvious thing to do for summer face care. Wearing sunscreen not only prevents the skin from darkening but also protects the skin from damaging UVA rays. Apply the sunscreen 30 minutes before stepping out & reapply the sunscreen lotion in 2 hours while you are outside. Try to use sunscreen that contains SPF 30 or more. However, if you have oily skin, then do not use sunscreen that contains more than SPF 20.
• Cleansing – Keeping the face clean is must thing to do for summer face care. Clean your face with a mild cleanser twice in a day to get cool & fresh looking face during summer. However, do not wash your face more than twice in a day because it leads to dryness. Do not skip using a toner after cleansing because it is helpful to balance the PH level of the skin, remove excess oil, dirt, toxins from the skin and makes your skin looks clear, fresh & radiant.
• Scrubbing – If you want to get glowing skin in summer, then you should exfoliate your face with a gentle scrub. Scrubbing is important summer face care secret because it removes the dead skin cells, blackheads, whiteheads, etc. & makes your face look bright and glowing. Exfoliate your face 1 – 2 times in a week to get a healthy & radiant skin. However, do not use a scrub if you have acne prone skin.
• Moisturizing – Do not skip moisturizing your skin because the skin needs moisturizer even during summer time. Because moisturizer makes skin hydrate, soft, smooth, supple & nourish. Apply moisturizer on your clean face in the morning after a shower & at night before sleep. If you have oily skin, then use an oil-free moisturizer.
• Reduce using makeup – Yes, makeup enhance the look, but skin needs some break from heavy makeup & chemical cosmetics. You should allow your skin to breath that is why to reduce using makeup as much as possible. If you still need to use makeup during summer time, then it is better to use mineral makeup because it is lighter & last a longer time in sweating conditions.
• Wash face after swimming – summer is a great time for swimming, but it is not good for your skin complexion. Because swimming pool water contains high chlorine and that is why pool water is responsible for speeding up the tanning process & making skin darker. Always clean your face properly after swimming for stopping your skin to become darker.
• Protect eyes & lips – If you want to take care of your face during summer, then you also need caring for your lips & eyes as well. The skin around eyes & lips is very thin that is why sun rays cause tan & wrinkles on those areas of the face. Using eye cream & lip balm with SPF is a must during summer time to take care of eyes & lips. Wear a hat & sunglass before stepping outside during daytime in summer for better protection.
• Do not expose to the sun – Last but not the least summer face care tip is avoiding exposure to the sun as much as possible. The more you exposed to the sun more your skin will tan & damage. Try to avoid going outside between 10 A.M. to 4 P.M. because it is most hottest & damaging time in a day. So do not expose to sun much because prevention is better than cure.