Sometimes people do not realize, but many small things or regular habits are responsible for damaging looks. People usually do many small things on a daily basis without knowing, it causes acne. However, few changes in daily practice can be helpful to prevent acne quickly. Here are few things to Do / Do not on a regular basis to get rid of acne faces and gets a clear face.
Acne prone face care tips- Do’s & Don’ts
What to do:
• Wash your hair regularly: If you have oily skin, then your hair & scalp also be oily. When hair touches the face, it can raise risks for acne. Always clean your hair and pulling your hair back off your face.
• Always clean your face gently: It’s crucial to keep your face clean. Whenever you clean face always to be gentle, do not be harsh. Remember always wash your face with a clean hand and gently damp dry your face with a clean face towel.
• Wash your face after workout: Always clean your face or take a shower after workout cause the sweat & oil on the face after the workout can clog the pores and raise acne. It is better to be washing your face with Luke warm water after a workout.
• Use the right product: Always pick those products which are specially designed for acne prone skin type. Read the ingredients list before buying a product and choose those products, which are oil-free and suitable for your skin type.
• Change pillow cover regularly: Change your pillow cover at least once in a week cause if your pillow cover is not clean, then it will transfer dirt and bacteria to your face, which is causing pimples. One more thing, avoid using fabric softener because the softener agents can be problematic for acne-prone skin.
• Clean your makeup brushes: Clean your makeup brushes every week. If you use dirty makeup brushes then it will transfer old makeup and dirt to your face, which is responsible for causing acne, and damages the skin.
• Clean your phone: Strange but true; phone contains many bacteria literally that is why it is necessary to clean your phone at least twice in a week. Try not to touch the phone with your face while talking; otherwise, it will transfer dirt and bacteria to the face that is causing acne.
• Healthy diet: If you eat healthily then you will be healthy. Unhealthy foods like oily, greasy, starchy, sugary foods are not only bad for health but also cause pimples and ruin the look. So, quit all of the unhealthy food and follow a healthy regular balanced diet.
• Stay hydrated: Water keeps body and skin hydrated. It also removes impurities, toxins and acne-causing bacteria. It is necessary to drink enough water to avoid acne and makes skin healthy.
• Good night sleep: A good proper sleep is really necessary to keep skin healthy & good looking cause skin repair itself during sleep. Not taking proper rest can be causing dark circles, dull skin, blemishes, etc. that are why always take 6 – 8 hours of same sleep time every day.
What not to do:
• Do not over wash your face: Keeping your face clean is a good thing but over washing is bad for skin. If you over wash your face, then your skin will produce more oil which makes your acne even worse. Washing face twice in a day is enough. Moisturize your face after washing with an oil-free moisturizer.
• Do not touch your face: Do not touch your face often. Every time you touch your face, you transfer dirt & bacteria directly from hand to face which cause skin problems, breakout, irritation, scarring, etc. Always clean your hands properly before touch your face.
• Do not squeeze or pop the acne: Never squeeze, pop, or pick your pimples. It will spread the infection, causing further pimples, increase redness, give you deep scar; in sort, it will make thing worse. Do not even touch your acne except while applying the treatment.
• Do not scrub your face: Scrubbing is an excellent way to clean up, but for acne prone skins it is a wrong choice. Scrubbing makes acne worse and causes redness & inflammation. Therefore, it is good to avoid scrubbing on pimple face.
• Don’t sun expose: UV rays is damaging the skin badly especially for acne prone skin. It makes acne worse so always wear sunscreen, at least, SPF 30 or more before stepping outside whatever the weather is the sunshine or cloudy.
• Don’t eat dairy products: Don’t eat any kind of dairy products i.e. milk, butter, cheese, ice cream, milkshake, etc. Strange but true, dairy products are causing acne & blemishes. Skip dairy products for few weeks and you will notice the change.
• Do not smoke ever: We all know how much smoking is bad for health, and it is extremely harmful to the skin. The nicotine is responsible for acne; breakout, blemishes, etc. so do not smoke ever if you want to get a clear & healthy skin.
• Do not experiment on your face with different products: Never test on your face by using different products. If you use cheap chemical products or without knowing the ingredient of a product, it can damage your skin and causing acne, blemishes, breakout, irritation, etc. So always pick those products, which are suitable for your skin type.
• Don’t sleep while your makeup on: No matter how much tired you are but always wash off your makeup before sleeping. It is bad for skin when you sleep with your makeup on; it causes acne, blemishes, break out, etc. So always wash your makeup before go to your bed.