Soft lips enhance the beauty of the smile and of course, a beautiful smile enhances the beauty of you. Lips are very sensitive that’s why they need some extra care & attention to lock their moisture & beauty. Who does not want soft, smooth, beautiful pink lips? However, many people are not so much lucky to have soft & beautiful lips because of many reasons i.e. dehydration, smoking, unclean lips, cold or humid weather, over the sun expose, not removing lip makeup, illness, lack of lip care, etc. These are responsible for making lips dry, chapped, dark, dull, cracked, etc. and sometimes these problems are getting worse by causing painful & bleeding lips. If you are suffering any of these problems, then do not worry. We have the practical, simple, pocket-friendly natural solutions for you to get soft lips. Here are some easy & impactful home remedies to get soft, smooth, supple, nourished, fresh, pink and beautiful lips in no time. Good luck.
Natural remedies for soft lips
Oil Massage – Oil massage is one of the best remedies for getting soft lips. Oil naturally makes the lips hydrate, moisturize & beautiful especially coconut oil, olive oil, almond oil, etc. If you follow this oil remedies every day, then your lips will get softer in just a few days.
• Just apply some coconut oil directly on your lips by using your finger or a cotton ball and leave it, though. Do it few times in a day to get soft lips.
• Apply olive oil on your lips instead of coconut oil or you can even use mixture of olive oil & almond oil on your lips for even better result.
• Another effective way is to prepare a solution by mixing some Olive oil & some sugar. Then apply it on the lips and massage slowly for few minutes. Then rinse it with plain water. Use this lip scrub twice in a week for beautiful lips.
Lemon – Lemon has fantastic natural bleaching property. It is helpful to reduce pigmentation, remove darkness, and lighten the lip. Of course, it is useful for getting rid of dryness and makes the lips softer.
• Apply some lemon juice on the lips and leave it for about 15 – 20 minutes. Then simply wash it off. You can add few drops of honey into the lemon juice for a better result.
• You can even use lemon juice as a lip scrub by just sprinkle some sugar into the Lemon juice. Then apply it all over your lips and gently massage for 5 minutes before washing it off with plain cold water.
• Another effective way is to make a smooth paste of by adding an equal amount of lemon juice, glycerin & castor oil. Now apply this prepared potion on your lips and leave it for around a couple of hours or overnight before wash it off.
Honey – Honey is a natural moisturizer for lips. You can use honey instead of lip balm. Because of its antibacterial and natural healing properties, honey is responsible for getting rid of chapped & dryness of lips. In sort, honey is natural lip softener.
• Apply few drops of honey on your lips directly by using your finger and leave it for 15 – 20 minutes before washing it off. Do this remedy several times in a day to get soft lips.
• You can even use honey as a natural lip scrub by just adding a little sugar into some honey. Then apply this paste on the lip and massage in circular motion for 5 – 10 minutes, then rinse it.
Aloe Vera – Unlike honey, Aloe Vera is also an excellent moisturizer for lips and it has healing quality as well. It not only gives you soft lips but also gives you relief from itching & pain of dryness because of its antiseptic property.
• Take some aloe Vera gel and gently apply it all over your lips and leave it for around half an hour before washing it off with plain water. Do this amazing remedy 2 – 3 times in a day on daily basis. It is definitely worth to try aloe Vera.
Butter – One of the simplest yet effective remedy to get soft lips is butter or ghee (clarified butter). Both make lips soft, smooth, pink and beautiful if you use it regularly. If you do not want to use the dairy product, then you can use cocoa butter instead of it because it is also as useful as butter & ghee.
• Apply a little amount of butter or ghee (clarified butter) directly on your lips and leave it overnight. After following this remedy for few days, you will get soft, pinkish & beautiful lips.
• You can apply the cocoa butter to get softer lips instead of using butter or ghee. You will get the same & effective result by using cocoa butter as well.
Cucumber – We all know cucumber is extremely beneficial for health, skin & for lips as well. Cucumber is very useful to prevent dryness and makes lips soft & glowing. Also, it is also reduced darkness from the lips and enhances the color of your pink lips.
• Take a slice of cucumber and gently rub it on the lips. Then let the lips soak the cucumber juice completely. Leave it for 30 minutes, and then rinse your lips with plain water. Do this remedy same times in a day to see a quick result.
Pomegranate – Pomegranate is not only a healthy fruit but also an excellent remedy to get soft lips and in addition, it lightens the lip color because of its natural bleaching quality. If you want soft, pink & beautiful lips, then try it.
• Take some pomegranate seeds and grind it properly to get its juice. Now, apply the pomegranate juice on your lips by using a cotton ball or your finger and leave it though. Do this remedy regularly on a daily basis to get soft, glowing & pinkish lips.
Glycerin – Glycerin is a natural moisturizer, which is an excellent remedy to prevent dryness and makes lips soft, smooth and supple. In fact, Glycerin is widely used in lip products. Try this glycerin remedy and you will not be disappointed.
• Take some glycerin, apply it directly on your dry & rough lips, and leave it for overnight. For better result add some honey into the glycerin and then apply it on your lips to get soft lips. Do this remedy on a regular basis to get lovely & beautiful lips.
• In another way, soak some Rose petal in some glycerin and then smash it properly. Now apply this awesome paste on your lips and leave it for around half an hour. Then simply wash it off with plain water.
Milk – Another awesome natural softener is milk or milk cream. Milk naturally soften & nourishes the lips because it contains a rich source of nourishing vitamins & minerals. In sort, milk can give you healthy, hydrated, fresh & soft lips if you give it a try.
• In a simple way, apply some milk or milk cream directly on your lips by using a cotton ball or your finger. Leave it around 20 – 30 minutes, and then wash your lips with cold water. Do this remedy every day to see the result.
• Another magical method is to soak few Rose petal in milk for a couple of hours then smash it properly to make a smooth paste. Now apply this paste on your lips and leave it for few hours or overnight on a daily basis to get softer, pinkish, glowing lips.
Petroleum jelly – Last but not the least and the easiest way to get soft & smooth lips instantly is petroleum jelly. It has amazing healing & lip protection quality. That’s why it can give you quick result if you use it regularly or overnight. You can even use lip balm instead of using petroleum jelly.
• Take a little amount of petroleum jelly or lip balm and apply it on the lips. Then leave it though. Do this simple yet effective remedy several times in a day especially at night before going to bed to get soft, glowing, healthy, hydrated & beautiful lips.