Now a days, Premature graying of hair has become a common problem among young people. Generally, grey hair appears after age 35. But now many young people even children are suffering from premature graying of hair. It’s really embarrassing, isn’t it? There are various reasons behind this problem i.e. unbalanced and unhealthy diet, stress, genetic reason, illness, medication, using lots of chemical products, pollution, smoking, drinking alcohol, improper care of hair etc.. But don’t worry, as there are several natural remedies available for grey hair treatment. Here are some easy and effective home remedies to prevent grey hair. But don’t expect result immediately, so you have to be patient to treat Premature Graying of Hair. Follow these home remedies regularly for few months. You will see a huge change after 2 – 3 months.
15 Premature Graying of Hair home remedies
1. Indian gooseberry (Amla):
Amla is a wonderful ingredient for hair. It has amazing anti ageing properties and helps in preventing premature graying of hair. It also prevents hair loss and promotes hair growth.
• Take some coconut oil in the pan and turn on the heat. Either adds some dried Amla or Amla powder into the coconut oil & let it boil until the color becomes black. Now turn off the heat and let it cool. Apply this solution on every inch of your hair and leave it overnight for a better result.
• Mix some Amla powder with curd and make a smooth paste. You can also add some lemon juice to it. Now apply this mixture on your scalp and hair & wait for a couple of hours. Then wash it off.
• Mix some Amla juice, hibiscus juice and almond oil. Apply this potion on your hair and scalp regularly to get rid of premature grey hair.
2. Curry leaves :
Curry leaves not only good for health but also great for hair. It prevents premature graying of hair and also good for hair fall problems.
• Take some coconut oil in the pan and turn on the heat. Now add some curry leave and let it boil until the color becomes black. Massage this solution on your hair when it completely cool.
• Grind some curry leave with some buttermilk to make a smooth paste. Now apply this paste all over your hair and scalp for an hour. Then wash it off.
3. Onion :
Onion is a magical hair remedy for hair loss, thinning hair and grey hair because it is a rich source of minerals and nutrients.
• Grind an onion and collect the juice. Now apply the juice on your scalp. You can add some lemon juice to it for the better result. Leave it for an hour then wash it off
4. Ghee (clarified butter) and Butter :
Ghee or cow milk butter is excellent for hair care. It not only helpful for preventing premature graying of hair but also makes hair shinier.
• Mix some butter with fenugreek powder and make a paste. Apply this paste on your hair and leave it for an hour, and then wash it off.
5. Rosemary & Sage :
Both rosemary & sage are great herbs for hair. Sage is an excellent herb for preventing grey hair. Rosemary is not only helpful for preventing graying of hair but also stop hair fall and helps in hair growth.
• Take half cup of rosemary and a half cup of sage and add it into 2 cups of water. Let it boil for 30 minutes then cool it down for a couple of hours. Then rinse your entire hair and scalp with it and leave it so for almost half an hour. Then wash your hair with shampoo.
6. Black Tea :
Black Tea is one of the most efficient remedy for preventing grey hair because it makes hair naturally darker and also makes hair smoother and shinier.
• Boil 1 or 2 spoon black tea in a cup of water and then let it cool. When it completely cool then rinse your hair with this potion. Leave it for half an hour then wash your hair with plain water. Remember don’t apply shampoo on your hair.
7. Triphala :
Triphala is an excellent Ayurveda product for the whole body. It cleans liver, removes toxins, improves eyesight, clears pimples, makes skin fairer, prevents hair loss, promotes hair growth and last but not the least it’s an excellent remedy for premature graying of hair.
• Mix some Triphala powder in some warm coconut oil to make a smooth paste. Apply this paste on your scalp and hair and leave it for half an hour then, wash it off.
8. Sesame Seed :
Sesame seed is rich in protein, iron, calcium, phosphorous, magnesium, and copper. It’s helpful for reducing hair fall, promoting hair growth and, of course, turns the white hair to black.
• Soak some black sesame seed in water for overnight. In the morning grind it to make a smooth paste. Apply this paste directly on your scalp and hair. Leave it for half an hour then wash it off.
• Or you can grind some black sesame seed with almond oil and apply this mixture all over your hair and scalp. Leave it half an hour and then wash it off.
9. Amaranth :
Amaranth is a magical vegetable to treat premature graying of hair, restore and maintain natural hair, prevent hair loss, promote hair growth, makes hair smoother and shinier because it’s loaded with vitamins and minerals.
• Blend some amaranth leaves and collect the juice. After shampooing, use a towel to dry your hair. Rinse your scalp and hair with this potion and massage for a couple of minutes. Leave it for half an hour then wash it off with plain water.
10. Henna :
Henna is a very nice product for hair and very effective for treatment of premature graying of hair . It makes hair strong, smooth, shiny, soft, silky, nourished and conditioning.It also acts as a natural hair dye.
• Take two spoon henna powder, three spoon coffee powder, one spoon lemon juice, one spoon Amla or fenugreek powder, one spoon coconut oil and three spoons of curd. Mix these ingredients to make a smooth paste; you can also add some water if necessary. Apply this mixture all over your hair and leave it for 2 – 3 hours and then wash it off.
11. Ribbed gourd :
Ribbed gourd is a very common vegetable. It’s a magical remedy for preventing premature graying of hair and also very helpful for strengthening hair because it supply essential nutrients to the hair roots.
• Cut a ribbed gourd in pieces and let it dry thoroughly. Soak these dried pieces in coconut oil for a couple of days. Then boil this oil & ribbed gourd pieces until the color change in black. Let it cool completely then apply this solution on your hair & scalp and leave it overnight. Repeat this remedy at least thrice in a week.
It is also a fantastic ingredient for hair problems i.e. hair losses, split ends and of course, premature graying of hair . At the same time it very helpful for hair growth and makes hair stronger.
• Here is one of the traditional Ayurveda treatments with fenugreek. Mix 1 cup fenugreek powder, 2 cup sesame oil and 2 cups carrot juice. Store this mixture in a container and keep this container in sunlight for three weeks. After three weeks apply this potion all over your scalp and hair on a daily basis and leave it overnight. After 2-3 months, you will see an enormous change on your hair.
• Another remedy is to take some fenugreek powder and make a paste with either coconut oil or water then applies this mixture on your hair and leaves it for an hour. Then wash it off.
13. Curd :
Curd is a very good ingredient for both face and hair. It makes hair more smoother, shinier, dandruff free, control split ends and helpful to get rid of grey hair. Curd is very effective for premature graying of hair.
• Take some curd and mix it some sikakai powder to make a smooth paste. Apply this paste on your scalp and hair and leave it for an hour. Then wash it off.
• Grind some curd with few Curry leaves to make a paste. Apply this paste on your hair and leave it for an hour and then wash it off.
• Take some curd and mix it with some lemon juice and you can also add a little amount of black pepper. Then apply it on your hair and scalp and leave it for an hour. Then just wash it off.
14. Lemon juice :
lemon juice naturally makes your hair darker cause it’s loaded with vitamin C. At the same time it also adds shine to your hair.
• Mix some lemon juice with some almond oil and you may also add some Amla (gooseberry) juice into it. Apply this potion on your scalp and hair and massage gently for relaxation and leave it for an hour. Then just wash it off with plain water.
• Mix some lemon juice with neem powder to make a smooth paste. Apply this paste on hair and scalp and leave it for an hour. Then wash it off.
• Mix some lemon juice with coconut oil and apply this on scalp and hair & massage gently. Leave it for a couple of hours or overnight for a better result. Then wash it off or shampoo your hair as your wish.
Oiling is always the best remedy for every kind of hair problem i.e. hair loss, dry hair, frizzy hair, split ends, hair breakage, premature graying of hair, etc. it is good for relaxation, hair growth and makes your hair more nourished. Oiling also gives you smooth, shiny, nourished, damage-free, strong, beautiful and healthy hair.
There are various types of oils available in market but here are some recommended oil for premature graying of hair treatment i.e. Amla oil, neem oil, coconut oil, almond oil, sesame oil, rosemary oil, brahmi oil & bhringraj oil.